Route map


Sorry the map is not updating but if you want to see our progress and atcual route go toBike tour map and click next

7/28/11

Average Temp, Weather, Wind, etc. maps

I have heard from many people how brutal the wind is across certain states and that even though topography wise they shouldn't be bad they are.  To confirm this I wanted to find average wind speed and direction maps.  That way if possible try to use the wind to my advantage instead of disadvantage. 
This ended up being way more difficult to find then I had hoped, but after quite a bit of time I finally came to NOAA's Climate maps. They are pretty nice and give a general idea of averages.

From them, I found, I am pretty much SOL threw the mid south, Mean cross wind.  Also it doesn't really matter if I start in Nc or Ga because the average lows are similar.

No comments:

Post a Comment