Route map


Sorry the map is not updating but if you want to see our progress and atcual route go toBike tour map and click next

4/10/12

Cluster

We left Don's at 8 and were able to make 60 miles by lunch after stopping in China ( we're fast right), with little excitement.  As we sat eating (blue snowcone) there was an accident. No one was hurt but both cars were not drivable.  The feasco that followed was the best part.  The first responders were there in seconds but multiple other police, fire, and ems vehicles from other areas or private co's soon arrived.  There was also a mad rush made by the tow trucks. There were at one point 4 ambluances, 2 fire trucks and 6 tow trucks at the scene.  This whole time people are cutting threw the gas station parking lot and no one is directing traffic at the intersection.  We were just waiting for another accident.  Luckily this did not happen and it was cleared up after about and hour and we were ready to hit the road again. 
The road was busy but other then a few idiots we had no issues.  On lady told us to get on the sidewalk but I'm not sure where that was, I guess there are invisible sidewalks in Houston. 
We got in and talked with Jim untill sue got home. Sue made a good dinner and we got to relax a bit with them and their friend Jill.  Again we have been blessed with great host.  In total we road 88 miles today.
Tomorrow we are meeting up with another Jim and hopefully getting Charlie a new wheel, it may be an interesting day.

5 comments:

  1. Austin, how long did you have your blue tongue??? I'm glad you got to visit with Jim & Sue. Have fun with the Herbst tomorrow.
    Jean

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey where are you at now? If you are going through San Angelo I have an extra bedroom call me and let me know! I'd like to see you if you are. Margaret (325) 277-6833

    ReplyDelete
  3. Austin,
    For some reason your PHOTOGRAPHS of the Hash tour, etc... have disappeared, not sure exactly how.
    Yet, I thought you would want to know because I believe you guys would like to keep all of your photograph memories.
    Blessings,
    Melissa xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Melissa,
    I just took a look and I think they are all still there. I did fix the link to my albums because I found it didn't work right(may have caused you not to see them all).
    Austin

    ReplyDelete
  5. Keep riding guys. We talked about you two tonight at our Hare Raising and GCH3 is pulling for you guys to have the best journey possible. On-On

    ReplyDelete