Route map


Sorry the map is not updating but if you want to see our progress and atcual route go toBike tour map and click next

3/17/12

Training week

After a week of testing things out and riding we are starting to feel pretty good.  If all goes well we will hit the road Monday morning heading toward Charleston.
We left home last Saturday morning after having to mess around to get my bike on the roof rack (stand up racks don't work when the bike has a front rack on).  After an uneventful drive we got to Myrtle beach; we go to park and Jean yells stop right as Charlie's handle bars scrape the ceiling of the parking garage (yep I was driving).  Luckly no serious damage was done.
Sunday we rode 29 miles and after Charlie's quads hurt pretty bad and I realized we never properly adjusted his seat.  So the next couple of days after soaks in the ocean and hot tubs, and more riding his legs feel good again.  Our rides were as follows: 48, 18, rest, 40, 55, and today 24 miles. 
We checked out of our place this morning and said good by to my mom and aunt Jean, but of course before that I went to add air to my rear tire and the presta valve stem got a hole at the base.  We are now staying with Charlie's sister and her husband untill we leave.  While we are here I am going to drill my rims out so I can use regular schrader valves; I am tired of the issues I have had with the small presta ones. 
We have had a very nice stay in this area and have enjoyed the beaches, we both are excited to hot the rode.

I will get a few pictures up on the Picasa site but you need to remind me...

No comments:

Post a Comment