Route map


Sorry the map is not updating but if you want to see our progress and atcual route go toBike tour map and click next

3/27/12

Controlled burn

77 miles of scorching sun brought us in and out of Alabama and to Falling Water state park in Florida.  We got a good start this morning but were soon derailed by a train, that was hooking up to more cars, blocking the only route for us to get into Alabama (we didn't time it but it must have been 45 minutes).  Shortly after that I got a nose bleed ( allergy induced).  The rest of the day was hot miles until we got to the park.  The ranger ( from Ohio) after saying we were from Pa said Amish I see.  Then he told us how he just got done doing a burn and some of it was still smuldering.  He also warned us it was spring break and if we head south to the beach we won't be able to stay on our bikes....
Off to Crestview tomorrow to meet Debbie and Ray. 

1 comment:

  1. Hi Charlie,
    Karen Northeimer, Hinkletown Branch Manager ENB here. Just want to tell you I envy what you are doing! I want to do a x-country trip after a I retire. I bought a new carbon Cannondale 2 yrs ago and ride every chance I get. I'll be following the blog - ride safely and enjoy!

    ReplyDelete